- CCI – The Art of Persuasion: Making Better Deals – Los Angeles
- Workshop at Machine Project: Motors and Mechanisms
- CCI – Time Management for Artists
WE HAVE OFFICIALLY RECEIVED FISCAL SPONSORSHIP FROM FRACTURED ATLAS!!! YAY!
What does that mean? That means that Los Angeles Art Resource is eligible to solicit and receive grants and tax-deductible contributions that are normally available only to 501(c)(3) organizations.
So.. when you give to LAAR, your contributions are TAX DEDUCTABLE! Go ahead, DONATE! CONTRIBUTE! SUPPORT! Help us to help the Los Angeles art community by continuing to provide comprehensive, up to date resources and opportunities! We are working (volunteering) our tails off for you, give a little love. See that yellow DONATE button over there? Yup that one to the right.. click on it.. it’s tax deductable!
Thank you! Thank you!
- Arts Refoundry Bronze Casting Workshop
- Classical Guitar Lessons at Avenue 50 Studios
- The Sights and Sounds of Highland Park, Sin Turistas Photo Workshops, June 23rd & July 29th
- FREE THE VOICE Workshop @ Pieter Performance space with Odeya Nini, July 22nd
- Capoeira Angola Circle, all levels @ Pieter Performance space, Wednesdays & Saturdays
- The Wilderness Mind Summer Solstice Celebration a free family event Sunday, June 24 from 1 to 3 pm
This week we’ve published an interview with Highland Park cooperative project space, Monte Vista Projects, one of the spaces which will be participating in the Co/Lab Fair this September.
To check out the interview and read about what they have going on now, click here: https://losangelesartresource.wordpress.com/studio-visit/
To read Carol Cheh’s recent review of a performance night there check out this link to Cheh’s blog Another Righteous Transfer, featuring excellent writing about area performance work.
- Get Your Sh*t Together: Summer Business Workshop for Artists at the Armory Center for the Arts
- New American Paintings 2012 Pacific Coast Competition, Deadline June 30, 2012
- Calls for Writing and Visually Disruptive Content at Momma Tried Magazine, Deadline July 31st
- Public Art call in Albuquerque, NM, Deadline 5PM Mountain Standard Time, July 6, 2012
- The Installation Project at Windward School, Deadline June 29, 2012
- MIA @ The Armory, Submissions accepted now on a revolving basis until May 15, 2013
- West Coast Fiber and Book Arts For Western States artists, Deadline July 21, 2012
- Call for Submissions, Interface Art Gallery San Francisco, Deadline June 30, 2012
Open Drawing, Yoga, and Intergalactic Karaoke Benefit/Celebration At Concord in Cypress Park
- Grant Workshops at Loyola Marymount and Otis College of Art and Design
- Get Your Sh*t Together: Summer Business Workshop for Artists @ The Armory Center in Pasadena
- Applications being taken for artist studio space in Glassell Park/Atwater area
- Artist seeks studio mate in Inglewood or Mid-City area
- Calls for Submission to ARTStap
- Call to collaborate on an artist book project, DIY in LAX
- Call for Artwork, Council member Mitchell Englander’s Office
- Call for Video Artists: Traps – Philadelphia, Pa.
- Call for Artists: “Print x Print” Exhibition, Bleicher Gallery in Los Angeles
- Call for Entries: Downtown Film Festival LA
- Call for Entries: Sloan Producers Grant, Film Independent Producers Lab
- Artist/Animator Wanted for Situation Comedy Pitch
- Call for Young Artists, Launch Pad
Torrance Art Museum
Mixed Marriage: Artists, Curators, and the Exhibition
2 pm, Saturday, June 2, 2012
- Beginning Sewing & Walking tour of the LA Fabric district, June 3rd
- Dance workshop with Sara Wookey, June 3rd
- Live/ work space available at the Brewery, $800 + utilities
- Studio available in the Women’s Building for the month of June, 180/month
Artist Katie Herzog recently shared this comprehensive list of art packing techniques. This provides helpful advice for improving both your art shipping and storage methods.
- Full-time Tenure Track Painting Professor at UCLA Department of Art
- Lineage Performance Art Center Seeks Events Coordinator
- Gallery Director/Sales Associate Mixographia
Collaborative Black Light Mural and Projection Project at Dockweiler Beach this Saturday
“Nite-Write” will be a luminescent, interactive art experience from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, May 26 at Dockweiler, the only County beach that allows bonfires.
- Open Call for Proposals & Free Artist Residency, CUAC Art Center, Ephraim UT, Rolling Deadline
- Open Call for Downtown Film Festival LA, Deadline June 1
- Open Call for Ephemeral Art, London, Deadline August 2nd
- Open Call for Exhibition and Residency in Baja, MX Deadline May 30
- Baang and Burne Contemporary Call for New Artists 2012, Deadline August 15th
- Stop motion animation, Final Cut Pro, and 8mm Filmmaking & Processing Classes at Echo Park Film Center
- Ceramics Classes at Angels Gate Cultural Center
- Printmaking Classes and Print Shop Rental available at Angels Gate Cultural Center
We are pleased to announce that we have shared a new interview with Italian curator and critic Camilla Boemio on our Studio Visit page. Camila is one of the founders of Associazone Arte Contemporanea, a nonprofit curatorial project which will be exhibiting at the Co/Lab fair at Art Platform Los Angeles this September. Camilla has recently curated an exhibition titled Attitude Cinema that features California based video art, in the context of other emerging video artists from around the world. To read more about her, and her projects — check out the Studio Visit page
Learn the Ancient Art of Mosaic Murals with Master Artist José Antonio Aguirre:
You can start tomorrow, Saturday, May 19 through Friday, June 1 to apprentice under with public artist Jose Antonio Aguirre to help realize a new public mural at Washington Middle School — designed in collaboration with students participating in the Armory’s on-going art programs at the school. This will be a permanent public art piece installed at this beautiful public school.
- Full-Time Gallery Associate at Miracle Mile Gallery
- Part-Time Personal Assistant to Artist Needed in Venice, application deadline May 30th
- Full-Time Studio Coordinator, Painting & Printmaking, Anderson Ranch Art Center, application Deadline July 15
- Weekend Game Facilitator, Skirball Cultural Center, Application Deadline May 28th
- The Downbeat 720 Summer Arts Academy for 8-12th graders
- Bronze Sculptures Workshop, at Arts Refoundry, Lincoln Heights
- CCI Workshop- Business Planning 101: From Idea to Reality
- CCI: L.A. Artists’ Mini-Town Hall: funding issues and resources available to individual artists in Los Angeles
Hello everyone! We are adding a new page to Los Angeles Art Resource, titled “STUDIO VISIT.” This page will feature interviews and photos with area artists,curators, arts writers, and other arts organizers with an emphasis on artist run, or nonprofit ventures in the Los Angeles area. We will begin by profiling artist-run spaces who are involved with the 2012 Co/Lab Fair at Art Platform Los Angeles, and we are presently looking for artists, arts writers and photographers to assist with that coverage.
- GALLERY/MIZ Artists–in–Residence Programme, Istanbul
- Atelier de la Rose, FRANCE
- Residencies at Elsewhere Studios in Paonia, CO.
- Free stay at Old School in Hrisey – Iceland
- Grates Cove Studios Residency, New Newfoundland
- Tailor-made Residency in Madrid from August to October for 3 European Art Professionals
- Access Space Artist Residencies 2012 at Refab Space, UK
- 2012-2013 Creative Residencies at PlatteForum, Denver CO
- VSVSVS Summer Residency Program- Toronto, Canada
- Akiyoshidai International Art Village, Japan
- New F_AIR Artist in Residence Program- Florence, Italy
- Free forum: Survive, Thrive, Prevail: Finding the New Normal for CA Nonprofits- May 10
- Sew Like You Mean It!, Beginning Sewing Course With Artist/ Former Wedding Gown Designer Catharine Stebbins @ Public School
- 8 Week Writing from Personal Experience Workshop with Erin Jourdan
- 30 SIMPLE STRATEGIES TO INCREASE WEBSITE TRAFFIC AND BUILD BUZZ ONLINE – TELESEMINAR MAY 21
Hey there! In order to make it easier for you to participate in sharing opportunities with Los Angeles Art Resource, we’ve added a submission form, located at the top of the page so that you can share the following opportunities with the Los Angeles arts community and visitors who are working here:
A SPECIAL THANKS AND WELCOME TO A NEW SPONSOR, VIRGINIA DIGITAL! PLEASE VISIT THEIR SITE AND SUPPORT THIS ARTIST RUN, LOCAL COMPANY! 15% OFF AN ORDER WITH THIS POST!
Virginia Digital is an artist-run photographic printing studio in Los Angeles. We offer high-end drum scans, expert retouching, color and layout work, and archival prints on the Epson 9900. Some of our clients include Malerie Marder, Marnie Weber, Jennifer West, Kerry Tribe, Jim Shaw, Artelier ltd, David Mushegain and Alia Penner. For pricing and image samples please visit: www.virginia-digital.com.
Receive 15% off of one order with this post!
To schedule a time to discuss your project contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to work with you soon!!
IF YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A LOS ANGELES ART RESOURCE SPONSOR, PLEASE VISIT THE NEW ‘BECOME A SPONSOR’ CATEGORY PAGE ABOVE. SUPPORT ARTISTS HELPING ARTISTS!
- International Art Calls. Fundación Botín, Spain
- 2012 The Faena Prize for the Arts, Buenos Aires
- Lothar Baumgarten Workshop. Through May 18, 2012
- RBS Bursary Awards, 2012
- Writing From Personal Experience Workshop with Erin Jourdan
- Free Arts Tune Up in Santa Clarita
- Figure Drawing at Ave 50 Studios
- UCLA Arts Party, Free workshops and events
The Getty Foundation has offered funding to more than 70 Los Angeles-area museums and visual arts organizations for Multicultural Undergraduate Internships during summer 2012.
All positions must be filled by May 16th, so apply now!
Saturday, May 5, 2012, 1–3 pm
HDTS HQ, Joshua Tree
- SIN TURISTAS PHOTO WORKSHOPS
- ECHO PARK FILM CENTER WORKSHOPS
- MACHINE PROJECTS CURATORIAL ACADEMY, APRIL 15th DEADLINE
- FREE ARTS ADVICE FOR INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS AND ARTS ORGANIZATIONS AT “ARTS TUNE-UP”, APRIL 28 FROM 10-1 IN SANTA CLARITA
- Crafting Your Artist Statement, Saturday April 7th, 2012, 11:00am-1:00pm
Hello Everyone! As you might have noticed, we are in the midst of updating our look in hopes of making a more user friendly experience here at Los Angeles Art Resource! We have added new categories at the top for easier browsing and have begun to summarize our posts with a ‘continue reading..’ option to expand the information that you are interested in learning more about. Let us know how it works for you!
As we continue to evolve and learn, we thank you for your support and patience along the way!