Lucius Hudson aluminum painting stretchers for sale on our ARTIST CLASSIFIEDS page.
- Arts Internships 2013 (Paid), LA County Arts Commission, Locations Vary, CA
- Museum Intern (Paid), Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Programs Intern (Paid), Skirball Cultural Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Art Library Intern (Paid), Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
- Graphic Design Intern (Unpaid), Architecture & Design Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Educational Programs Intern (Paid), Architecture & Design Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Studio Intern (Paid), International Artist, Los Angeles, CA
- Studio Intern (Paid), Armory Center for the Arts, Pasadena, CA
- Collections Management Intern (Paid), Pacific Asia Museum, Pasadena, CA
Hello Everyone! Don’t forget about our Artist Classifieds section on the top of this page if you have supplies, materials, or tools that you are looking to buy, sell, or trade! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with copy text and pictures that you would like to post.
- 74 Paid Summer Arts Internships Available for College Students, LA County
- Production Intern (Paid), 24th Street Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
- Education Intern (Paid), A Noise Within, Pasadena, CA
- Festival Intern (Paid), Academy for the New Musical, North Hollywood, CA
- Production/ Design Intern (Unpaid), Red Hen Press, Pasadena, CA
- Publicity/Events Intern (Unpaid), Red Hen Press, Pasadena, CA
- Marketing Intern (Paid), American Youth Symphony, Los Angeles, CA
- Production Intern (Paid), Antaeus Company, North Hollywood, CA
- Literary Center Management Intern (Paid), Beyond Baroque Foundation, Venice, CA
- Curatorial Intern (Paid), Undergraduate Summer Program Internship, Japanese American Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Media Arts Intern (Paid), Undergraduate Summer Program Internship, Japanese American Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Production Intern (Paid), Undergraduate Summer Program Internship, Japanese American Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Photography Intern, Grand Performances, Los Angeles, CA
- Artist Relations Intern (Paid), Grand Performances, Los Angeles, CA
- Multimedia Intern (Paid), Grand Performances, Los Angeles, CA
- Gallery Attendant Internship, LACE Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, Los Angeles, CA
- Art Book Store Intern, Ooga Booga, Los Angeles, CA
- Event Production Intern, Machine Project, Los Angeles, CA
- Arc Grants Program
- Lighton International Artists Exchange Program (L.I.A.E.P)
- The Awesome Foundation
- Exhibition Design Intern, The , Los Angeles, CA
- Exhibition Media Intern, The Autry National Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Music Apprenticeship, Chamber Players,
- Art Center Intern, , Otis, Oregon
- Museum Interns (multiple opportunities), Los Angeles Nomadic Division (LAND), Los Angeles, CA
- Development/Membership Intern, LAXART, Los Angeles, CA
- Marketing/Communications Intern, LAXART, Los Angeles, CA
- Arts Education/ Visitor Services Intern, Zimmer Children’s Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- ‘Artigiana’ – Artists residencies in Sicily
- Pilchuck Emerging Artist in Residence Program: Pilchuck Glass School (Seattle WA)
- Ebb & Flow: Dialogues between art and water: A Studio in the Woods (New Orleans LA)
- Residency on Farms in the Catskills : 2013 Broadcast: Andes Sprouts Society Residency (Catskill Mountains NY)
Our blogger Petra Vacková has interviewed curator Alanna Simone who curates the MIA film screening at the Armory for our new STUDIO VISIT post. The MIA series happens every fourth Friday of the month, including a screening today, February 22nd titled SAME OCEAN, at 8PM at the Armory Center in Pasadena.
- Marketing Intern, LA Commons, Los Angeles, CA
- Wardrobe Supervisor Intern, Rangoli Dance Company, Santa Monica, CA
- Graphic Designer Intern, Rangoli Dance Company, Sherman Oaks, CA
- Museum Internship, Chinese American Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Assistant Curator Trainee, Nida Art Colony, Nida, Lithuania
- Sherwood Award Education/ Artistic Office Internship, Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles, CA
- DIY Screen Printing Workshop at Self Help Graphics
- Portfolio Review Day at Torrance Art Museum
- Curatorial Internship, Hammer Museum, Los Angeles
- College Teaching Internship, Project Match, Los Angeles
- Park Design Internship, Amigos de Los Rios, Altadena
- Marketing Summer Internship, Pantages Theatre, Hollywood
- Gallery Design Internship, Christie’s, Los Angeles
- Collections Management Internship, LACMA, Los Angeles
- Concept and Project Development Interns, Schmidt / Hammer/ Lassen Architects, Copenhagen / Aarhus / Shanghai
- Graduate Curatorial Internships, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
- Community College Teaching Internship, Long Beach City College, Long Beach
- Francois Ghebaly Gallery Seeks Intern (Deadline Jan. 4, 2013)
- Acting and Production Intern, A Noise Within, Pasadena, CA
- Graphics & Design Internship, LA Times, LA
- Fine Arts Apprenticeship, New York Arts Practicum, New York City, NY
- Web Administrator Intern, Music Untold, Long Beach
- Arts & Culture PR Internship, Polskin Arts & Communications, LA
- Producing / Arts Administration Apprenticeship, The Blank Theatre Company, Hollywood
- Play Development Apprenticeship, The Blank Theatre Company, Hollywood
- The Blank’s Annual Young Playwrights Festival Apprenticeship, The Blank Theatre Company, Hollywood
- Production/Design Internship, Red Hen Press, Pasadena
- Publicity/Events Internship, Red Hen Press, Pasadena
- Online Video Content Intern, MOCA, LA
- Development Intern, MOCA, LA
- Los Angeles Art Resource is seeking a donated MacBook Pro
- Editorial Internship, SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks
- Art Production Intern, Trailer Park Inc., LA
- Collections Management Internship, LACMA, LA
- Getty Graduate Internships, The Getty Center, LA
- Who am I, Anyway? Deciphering your Personal Brand Workshop – October
- WHERE DID THE TIME GO? TIME MANAGEMENT FOR ARTISTS
- THE ART OF PERSUASION: MAKING BETTER DEALS
- Fall Classes and Events at WGSAC
- LITERARY LAW & AGENTS: A Workshop for Book Writers
- Echo Park Film Center Classes: MAKE YOUR OWN MOVIE THIS YEAR AT EPFC!
- GYST Weekend Workshop Retreat Oct. 26 -28, 2012
Human Resources has graciously given us a portion of their space in Booth 3 at Co/Lab, the completely free art fair for artist-run and nonprofit spaces located within Art Platform Los Angeles. We will have a popup office there, and will report live about the exhibitions, performances and interview the exhibitors on the Studio Visit page of our site. As special thanks, we will be donating a portion of our proceeds to Human Resources in order to assist them with their amazing community building nonprofit arts programming. We will be selling our totes, t-shirts, and limited edition prints by the following Los Angeles artists:
- CLASSES: MAKE YOUR OWN MOVIE THIS YEAR AT ECHO PARK FILM CENTER
- GYST ADVANCED CRITIQUE CLASS
We have posted an interview with The Institute of Jamais Vu, an artist-run curatorial and publishing project within a communal living space in North London. Their sixteen person board of directors is currently in transit to Los Angeles in order to participate in the Artra Curatorial Co/lab Fair at the end of this month at Barker Hanger in Santa Monica.
You can read the article here!
HDTS – FROM THE DESERT TO THE SEA: THIS DESERT BUILDS THE CURVE OF THE EARTH / SEA SPACE IN DENMARK, 14/9-2012
High Desert Test Sites Scout Katie Bachler sends the desert to the sea in this film exchange with Anja Franke / Instant HERLEV institut in Denmark.
Join us for a casual outdoor screening of this desert builds the curve of the earth and SEA SPACE IN DENMARK, 14/9-2012 and live music in the HDTS HQ courtyard in downtown Joshua Tree on Friday September 14, 2012 at 8 pm.
This desert builds the curve of the earth will screen concurrently in Copenhagen September 15-18, 2012, as part of the Black Tent Tower exhibition organized by Instant HERLEV institute.
Friday, September 14, 2012, 8 pm
* High Desert Test Sites HQ
6470 Veterans Way
Joshua Tree, California
September 15 – 18, 2012 Black Tent Tower Krøyers Plads, Copenhagen
I am sending the desert to the sea in Copenhagen, in images of vastness and openness. The desert seems to go on forever in sand, and like the ocean, the horizon is visible all the time, the landscape stretches out in all directions. This video experience explores the micro and macro parts of the desert in Joshua Tree, California and encourages the viewer to put their dreams in the open space. There is a slowness, a pause, a pocket to breathe, to be as a rock, an endlessness, a gradient.
I am sending the sea in Denmark to the desert in California. At the moment I dive down below the surface and hear the rain falling in heavy drops, underwater, I discover new secret spaces that are close to me and at the same time infinitely far away.
*BYOB (blankets – and chairs!) Free (donations welcome and appreciated!)
- Happening Magic: Totems – Side Street Projects in collaboration with Summercamp’s ProjectProject
- CCI – “Who Am I, Anyway?” Deciphering Your Personal Brand
- CCI – Where Did the Time Go? Time Management for Artists
- CCI – The Art of Persuasion: Making Better Deals
- Arts Refoundry Small Bronze Sculpture Workshop – new schedule announced
- e•clipse A Workshop for Female Artists
- Play the didjeridu again! Join me, Susan Rawcliffe, & other didjeridudaists.
- Public Labs Map Making Workshop
- Musical Theatre professionals invited to open workshop sessions
- Non-Profit Fundraising Certificate Program – Loyola Marymount University
- CCI – The Art of Persuasion: Making Better Deals – Ventura
LA will be the site for a national congress organized by The Right to the City, a national alliance of racial, environmental and economic justice organizations. The congress will culminate in an actions targeting MTA and Fannie Mae to address issues of gentrification and displacement particularly in Boyle Heights. A number of social justice organizations in LA are part of this coalition including Union de Vecinos and the East LA Community Corporation . Other groups that will be involved include SAJE, KIWA and Inner City Struggle. They are asking people to make props for actions.
When: Friday, September 07, 2012 2:00 PM-8:00 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
What: WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!!! We need to make many many visuals and props for the MTA and Fannie Mae actions – IF you have the skills to pay the bills and want help us build awesome materials, PLEASE join us. IF you know of partner orgs, resident, students, random volunteers that are down to help please forward!
We need to build:
• Rolling gardens to put on MTA lots
• Big cut outs of housing
• Large banners and signs for march
• Large poster board of MTA ‘demands’
If you’re interested contact Elizabeth Blaney at email@example.com. This will be a great opportunity to meet some community based organizations doing important work. You’re also welcome to register for the whole congress.Sept. 12-14
Check out: http://la-urban-congress.org/
On this day the dept of Planning will be meeting yet again to vote on the proposed Mural Ordinance, before passing it to the City Council.
When: October 11th, 2011
Our city is bombarded with billboards and yet our murals are being erased, no new murals are staying up before graffiti abatement comes in and destroys them and artists are being cited and doing time, lives have been ruined, jobs have been taken away.
Lets speak up..don’t be complacent…
LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD!! ART IS FOR EVERYONE!!
TEACHERS! COMMUNITY MEMBERS! BUSINESS OWNERS! ART BASED ORGANIZATIONS! COMMUNITY LEADERS, ORGANIZERS, ACTIVISTS! PARENTS! STUDENTS! ARTISTS!!
OUR VOICE IS OUR WEAPON!!! USE IT!!!
“On July 12, 2012, the City Planning Commission (CPC) heard and deliberated on a proposed ordinance to allow the creation and preservation of Original Art Murals.
Thirty speakers spoke on the proposed ordinance and expressed concerns regarding:
(1) digitally printed images being permitted as murals;
(2) the registration fee for new murals;
(3) the registration fee for existing murals;
(4) the 100 foot height limitation, and;
(5) the mural ban on residential buildings with fewer than five units.” *Dept. of City Planning Recommendation Report.
ART IS HEALING, BEAUTIFYING, LOVE FOR THE EVERYONE.
Sign the Petitioning Los Angeles City Council and Los Angeles City Planning Department Stop the “Second Final Draft Mural Ordinance” as is from passing. https://www.change.org/petitions/los-angeles-city-council-and-los-angeles-city-planning-department-stop-the-second-final-draft-mural-ordinance-as-is-from-passing This petition will be delivered to: Los Angeles City Council and Los Angeles City Planning Department.
mural ordinance as it reads now: http://cityplanning.lacity.org/Code_Studies/Misc/MuralOrdinance.pdf
updated staff report as of July 12, 2012: http://cityplanning.lacity.org/Code_Studies/Misc/supplementalmural_StaffRpt.pdf
- Exploring Writing and the Body/Mind Connection
- Sparking Inclusive Dialogue through Creative Placemaking, 10/20
- Workshop Focus: Painting fabrics and textures
- Vocal Improv Workshop, 9/5
“Sparking Inclusive Dialogue Through Creative Placemaking” Emerging Arts Leaders / LA – Creative Conversation, October 2012
When: Saturday, October 20 · 10:45am – 6:00pm
Where: Atwater Village Theatre
3269 Casitas Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90039
At 4:00pm the event will move to The Griffin (3000 Los Feliz
Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90039) for a networking mixer.
- Tuesday Night Figure Drawing
- Enroll In The David Henry Hwang Writers Institute
- Wednesday Sept 5th: Drawing Club at Pop-Hop
- ECHO PARK FILM CENTER: Saturday, September 15 – INTRO TO FINAL CUT PRO 7 – 1 – 5 PM
- ECHO PARK FILM CENTER: YOUTH WORKSHOP FALL SESSION – THE BODY – BEGINS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12: 4:30 PM
- ECHO PARK FILM CENTER: Saturdays in September – ADULT DOC CLASS – BEGINS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22: 10 AM
- ECHO PARK FILM CENTER: Saturday, September 29 – 16MM WORKSHOP – September 29, 12:30 – 5:30 PM
- Machine Project: Staple Draping Workshop
- Call for submissions – 1000 Words Workshop with Boris Mikhailov in Morocco, November 2012
- Theatre Movement Bazaar Physical Theatre Actor Training Workshop
- MESC Annual Institute – Think Collaboratively
- Singers & Musicians: Vocal Improv Workshop
- Fellini Photo Workshop, Berlin
- Guy Debord, Filmmaker – The Public School
Los Angeles Filmforum at MOCA presents – Tricky Poses and Taxing Conditions: Performance and Media on September 13
When: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 7:00 pm
Where: MOCA Grand Avenue, 250 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles 90012
Virginia Digital is an artist-ran digital photographic post-production business, operated by Juliana Paciulli, who is printing the first series of limited edition fine art prints for Los Angeles Art Resource. Services include drum & flatbed scanning, expert beauty retouching, digital compositing and resortation. She also offers a variety of state of the art printing options using fine art archival inks, papers and stretchable fabrics. You’ll be able to see her skills first hand if you attend our fundraising event, this Sunday, August 19th at the Mandrake from 6-10PM.
As a special offer to Los Angeles Art Resource readers, Virginia Digital is providing a 20% discount on orders for anyone who mentions this post.
Click here to check out the Virginia Digital site for the full list of services and samples of the tremendous work Juliana has done for her clients.